The safe delivery of goods in first class condition is of paramount importance to EXPRESS and our customers. It is essential that all aspects of the transit are controlled and any risks minimized. Every consignment of goods carries its own individual risks and requires individual attention to the transit detail. From crates of produce to a gas turbine by air, sea, rail, or road, the same care is always taken.
Our risk management team is familiar with all modes of transportation and has wide experience of many types of cargo, including specialized commodities. Our range for attaining these quality standards begins with recruiting the best drivers in the industry. This is backed with complete operating authorities, licenses and permits, risk insurance, and on-going best practices that feed improvements back into our operations and your bottom-line.
EXPRESS DOES NOT double-broker without binding consent where shipments are strictly procured in the areas of performance, tracking, accountability, and control. In terms of drivers, they have to meet rigorous pre-contract screening requirements, which include:
- Being at least 21 years of age.
- Having the right personal, professional, business and achievement traits and skills.
- Having a strong on-time service record.
- Having an accident-free driving record.
- Having personal protective equipment (PPE) on board:
- Hard hat
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Long pants
- Sleeved shirt
- Steel toe boots
- Using no tobacco.
- Being available.
- Accepting work orders.
- Being able to pass a DOT physical and drug test.
- Being able to determine whether a vehicle is safely loaded.
- Having a proper class CDL with HAZMAT endorsement.
- Having unrestricted access to and from Canada.
- Having no current probationary sentences.
- Having background check clean of the following for at least seven (7) years:
- Aggravated Assault
- Criminal Sexual Abuse
- Kidnapping, Abduction, Unrestraint
- Threatening or Harassing
- Altering or tampering with Motor Vehicle ID Numbers
- All offenses involving drugs
- Offenses involving Criminal enterprises and Racketeering
- Prostitution, Sexual Exploitation of minors, and Obscenity
- Individual Rights (Peonage, Involuntary Servitude, and Slave Trade).
- Public Safety (Explosives and Arson, Firearms, Mailing Injurious Articles).
- Having GPS and X-Track.
- Having a cell phone. Having a service agreement.
- Having a vehicle that exceeds our service standards.
- Having I-9 requirements.
For this to be successful, each person in our organization has a role to play, including that of assessing where improvements can be made. “Good Enough” is never good enough. In fact, it can become the enemy of excellence. All dimensions of quality are performed to assure customer satisfaction. For these reasons, we always keep looking for a better way even if our customer is satisfied with the present way. The history of our business attests to consistent and exceptional customer service satisfaction.
At EXPRESS, service isn’t just a word; it’s the very reason we exist.